Harrisburg, PA Region
SUMMARY OF JOB
Applications Architect designs, develops, and implements applications for computer systems. These professionals direct the design of new applications from conception to completion and oversee the technical staff involved with the development project. The application architect is the SME focused on designing application interfaces and software services to maximize reuse based on the business processes and governance rules.
Application Architects will periodically be asked to serve as mentors to all application programmer/analysts and support associates.
· Business analysis, application design, development, integration and delivery and application maintenance and support functions.
· Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
· Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
· Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
· Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
· May conduct training to IT staff
· Work closely with business SME personnel to develop and maintain a functional understanding and documentation of the business use of applications and what processes have been developed against the data and functions associated with those applications as well as any data challenges that may exist.
· Perform technical detailed analysis on the database structures, database components, batch processing, and online processes and document that analysis in an easy to understand and informative way. Keep existing documentation up to date on a regular basis.
· Continually evaluate the effectiveness of application systems and associated procedures documenting all points of weakness with suggestions for areas of improvement for review with the business.
· Lead and/or participate in requirement gathering and issue resolution meetings with technical and business resources. Be able to create business requirements definition, functional, system design and technical specifications that are detailed, complete and in compliance with IT standards.
· Leads small‐scale or sub‐functional teams for system design, modification, upgrade, and implementation projects.
· Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives. Works with clients to map current and future business processes and aligns technology solutions with short- and long-term business strategies.
· Will use existing or seek out emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
· Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
· Develop positive relationships with client personnel that foster client ties, seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Manage client expectations effectively and effectively communicate status of all open work.
· Facilitates and ensures compliance of government or regulatory standards (SOX, PCI, internal audit, external audit, etc.).
· Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate a commitment to corporate success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS degree in computer related field
0-7 years of working experience in one or multiple IT areas
Effective written and oral communication skills
Ability to interact with users of varying levels of technological understanding
Strong technical documentation skills
Possesses good time management skills and can self-manage support/issue priorities