Location: Schenectady or Rochester
*** Facets experience a huge plus but not required***
The Software Engineer is a critical part of this transformation. As a member of a Scrum team, the Software Engineer has primary responsibility for planning, design, and developing applications for the Company. The Software Engineer works with business and technology partners to deliver software solutions to support the business.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
• Must be able to develop quality software solutions for the business
• Engage in scoping and estimating processes to support roadmap and planning efforts
• Participate in backlog refinement, grooming activities, and Scrum ceremonies
• Work closely with key stakeholders in designing solutions
• Contribute to all development efforts of the Scrum team
• Work with Product Owners and Scrum Masters in understanding backlog
• Work with Principal & Senior Engineers and Architects to ensure standards are adhered to in the solutions design process.
• Participate in code reviews
• Utilize Scrum best practices and processes to deliver quality work and on-time delivery
• Exhibit self-motivation to proactively drive a task or initiative to completion
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience.
2-5 years’ experience in software application development
Microsoft TFS experience a plus
1-3 years’ experience working in an Agile environment
Trizetto Facets Application experience
Must Have: SQL Server, T-SQL, .NET, C# , MS Visual Studio One or more of the following preferred: SSIS, SSRS, MVC, Bootstrap, Angular
• Experience in test driven development preferred
• Experience in DevOps preferred
• Ability to problem-solve and implement solutions
• Command of standard development/SDLC
• Experience supporting Agile planning and work estimation
• Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability and dedication to meeting aggressive deadlines while ensuring quality delivery
Competencies and skills:
Copyright © 2019 Technical Resource Solutions, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.