The SCRUM Master is accountable for leading and coordinating successful implementations of large-scale, enterprise-wide corporate and IT initiatives, driving rapid realization of the company’s corporate strategic goals through initiative delivery and execution to meet needs and expectations of the company's customers and business partners.
The individual will coordinate planning, collaboration, reporting and execution activities across multiple cross discipline teams. The Scrum Master works with Product Owners and Scrum Teams to apply, implement and enforce Scrum principles and practices, facilitating continuous improvement, and identifying and removing impediments to delivery. The Scrum Master will also help protect the team from outside influences, which could otherwise interfere with the team’s ability to deliver value in a short time-box (iteration). This is a highly visible role that will continuously facilitate a team dynamic intended to maximize performance by continuously improving agile practices.
This role includes, but is not limited to:
• Serving as the SCRUM Master for the Scrum team
• Prepare for and facilitate daily scrum meetings, biweekly sprint planning, review, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and planning poker sessions with Scrum team
• Facilitate and prepare for external end-of-sprint demonstrations
• Create, maintain, and organize backlog of features, epics, stories, and tasks in TFS
• Provide input to release planning using team capacity and skill set information.
• Compile, analyze, and present statistics about time estimation accuracy, team velocity, and burndown rate to development team and management each sprint
• Create and maintain statistics on story lifetime to assess efficiency of requirements throughput
• Meet with product owners and operational business managers for selected modules to introduce scrum and program processes and outline expectations
• Support release cycle by facilitating Release Feature Selection meetings and organizing and monitoring eligible release candidates in TFS
• Support scrum of scrum reporting and planning, focusing on integration of scrum team schedules and work products
• Communicate team progress and dependencies with other team leads during scrum of scrums
• Interface with business, test, and user support teams to receive requirements information and forward updates on feature progress.
• Review and provide feedback on drafted user stories and epics to ensure alignment with general Agile user story standards
• Create general Agile graphics and assist product manager and EPMO with executive briefings
• Be an advocate for the Agile and Scrum methodology
• Training and mentoring staff on Agile processes
• Facilitating discussions with stakeholders for implementing within the sprint framework
• Conducting daily Scrum meetings with solution delivery teams
• Communicating across teams and departments, encourage collaboration and remove obstacles
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Fostering transparency across teams and department boundaries
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization to coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
Minimum Education / Certification:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related project management experience required.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Scrum Master Certification (Level 1 or 2 (CSP, PSM I/II)), and experience working as a Scrum Master. PMP Certification is preferred.
1 to 2 years of practitioner experience leading Agile / Scrum projects.
Experience in Agile / Scrum collaboration methodologies & tools (such as TFS).
Minimum 3 years project management experience, successfully leading/managing high-performing teams.
Experience with Project / Portfolio Management tools.
• Demonstrated success in managing project delivery and execution to a high degree of success and customer satisfaction.
• Strong knowledge and experience in delivering enterprise-wide projects that include major technology components/solutions delivery.
• Complete understanding of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and its processes and procedures.
• Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Strong team leadership skills, with demonstrated success in leading and executing large complex projects.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
• Competencies in critical thinking, problem solving, building effective teams, meeting facilitation and conflict management.
• Ability to work on multiple projects under time constraints.
• Possesses a strong sense of accountability and urgency in delivering projects and completing assignments.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Strong knowledge of industry best practices in project management methodologies and process-based project management.
• Health care business acumen is preferred
Copyright © 2019 Technical Resource Solutions, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.