The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for multiple networking environments or systems. The Senior Network Administrator applies in depth knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless technologies, VOIP, and VPN configurations. The Senior Network Administrator reviews and approves of network design recommendations and implementation services provided by third parties and business partners. Also, works typically spans the scope of a complex project, and contributes to project planning.
· Monitor and maintain day to day operation of network terminating equipment and/or appliances to insure continued operation as implemented.
· Recover lost network functionality causing a business interruption within agreed upon organizational service level objectives.
· Responsible for updating network topologies, and documentation
· Perform troubleshooting on all network technologies. This includes switches, routers, wireless, VPN, and phones.
· Identifies failures/failure trends and resolves network design and maintenance issues
· Install and support LAN & WAN network segments, internet, and intranet systems
· Ensure all policies and procedures meet HIPPA, SOX, and PCI compliance and are enforced.
· Install and maintain network hardware and software
· Create & assign routing protocols and routing table configurations
· Participate in disaster recovery planning and periodic exercises.
· Participate in implementation projects that are heavily reliant on the network infrastructure such as Voice-over-IP (VoIP) systems, which include cabling, installation, troubleshooting, and purchasing.
· Participate in the configuration, and troubleshooting of firewall configurations/setup.
· Apply knowledge in all areas of responsibility including an awareness of the state-of-the-art in network functionality, security, and quality assurance.
· Maintain confidentiality of corporate information.
· Monitor and report status of business imperatives to assigned business area.
· Generally operate under deadlines and may be subject to heavy workloads
· Demonstrate good organizational and analytical skills.
· Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Typically requires BS or equivalent and 4+ years of related and progressively more responsible experience.
· Candidate should hold a current Cisco CCNA certification.
· Candidate should have experience with Aruba Wireless & ClearPass Technology
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Work requires detailed knowledge of one technology and a broader general understanding of several technologies for switching, routing, firewall configurations, VPN, and/or wireless technologies.
· Applies advanced principals, concepts, and techniques of data/voice networking.
· Mentors more junior staff on networking technologies.
· Applies experience in solution creation with increased business acumen.
· Demonstrated knowledge of applying technical solutions (software/hardware) to accommodate business needs.
· Demonstrated experience in systems planning and analysis
· Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends.
· Effectively communicates relevant information to leaders
· Tactfully communicates sensitive information
· Maintains confidentiality of corporate information
· Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment, handling demanding internal and external customers to their satisfaction.
· Identifies areas for improvement and provides feedback to leaders
· Complies with enforces standard policies and procedures
· Possesses and demonstrates organizational awareness
· Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism and a commitment to corporate success