Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst typically designs, creates and implements new processes and revises existing processes in support of Continuous Process Improvement as it relates to Quality Assurance. Additionally, the Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for testing all software products that are either built in-house or purchased externally. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst partners with the Project Manager and Business Analyst, internal and external project stakeholders to plan, test, and implement all software changes to ensure that products conform to the desired quality standard. The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst is accountable for the creation of the testing strategy and an end-to-end test plan; managing and executing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met, systems are operational, client ready and solutions work as expected.
· Quality Assurance Governance Processes
· General Oversight of Quality Assurance Analysts & Testers and business User Acceptance Testing processes and events
· Engages the leadership of a team member should a performance challenge be encountered
· May be asked to provide input into the performance reviews of team members
· Develops testing strategy and user acceptance testing plan
· Prioritizes test scenarios and executes according to plan
· Develops and documents step-by-step test cases based on the software requirements elicited by business analysts and software developers
· Develops test scripts to automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks
· Identifies, logs, and tracks defects
· Provides reporting on defect tracking and escalates technical issues as needed
· Follows standards in accordance with company policy and regulation
· Must be comfortable in leading meetings and driving consensus
· Must be comfortable with a constantly changing environment.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; thus, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Knowledgeable of Systems Development Life Cycle, Quality Assurance and Project Management methodologies
· In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. functional, usability, performance)
· Interviewing skills such that the Sr. QA Analyst can draw complete requirements descriptions from business partners from sometimes initially vague requests
· Ability to read and develop business process maps and use cases
· Ability to conduct manual and automated testing
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills, has an eye for detail
· Looks for ways to maximize operational efficiency
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems
· Ability to work independently
· Knowledgeable of the Retail industry and understanding of how supported applications or initiatives may impact success or failure
· Business process understanding
· Retail Industry experience a plus
· Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from Managers or Directors.
· Participates in cross-functional assignments and at times takes direction from a Project Manager.
· May provide coaching or other guidance to less experienced Quality Assurance team Members.
· Reports to Manager or Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
· A minimum of eight years of experience analyzing end-user requirements and documenting use cases, writing test plans and test cases
· A minimum of eight years of experience testing applications in accordance to required functionality and non-functional quality attributes (e.g. availability, performance)
· Proficiency in test management tools, functional and load testing automation tools is a plus
· Effectively manages personal time and work. Identifies own strengths and weaknesses, making the best of those strengths and seeking improvement on any weakness, through peer and management mentoring.
· Eight to ten years of relevant analytical experience
· Two years of direct experience with supported or similar business applications
· Extensive experience working in a business partnering role
· Experience in the Retail industry preferred